Clearway Driving School - Terms & conditions
All students must be in possession of a signed Provisional Driving Licence for Group B Cars on commencement of the training along with the counterpart licence. If you have passed your theory test, you must also have this in your possession.
• INSURANCE: All fees include student cover whilst driving the School vehicle, (provided the student is licensed to drive) and is accompanied by an instructor or on a Driving Test with an approved Examiner(s).
• CANCELLATIONS: The School requires a minimum of 48 hours notice if students wish to cancel a scheduled hourly lesson. A minimum of 14 days notice is required if students wish to cancel an intensive or semi-intensive driving course. The School reserve the right to charge the full lesson/course fee if the above periods of notice are not given and if the cancellation will result in loss of earnings.(Excluding illness and/or other mitigating circumstances).
• PAYMENTS: We accept payment by Cash or Bank transfer (faster payment method). Advance payment lessons are accepted on the understanding that no refunds will be given. Intensive driving courses are subject to a minimum booking deposit.
• APPOINTMENTS: While every care will be taken to ensure Students receive training at the requested time, all bookings are made on the understanding that the School is not responsible for the postponement of training due to exceptional traffic conditions, adverse weather, mechanical breakdown of equipment or any other cause outside of our control. If, in the view of the Instructor, the student is unfit to carry out the lesson safely; due to self-induced circumstances (e.g. Alcohol, Drugs or lack of sleep) a cancellation charge will apply.
The Instructor´s decision to allow the Student to take the practical test is his and his alone and his decision must be accepted as final.
Clearway cannot be held responsible for driving test cancellations by the DSA and any reimbursement must be taken up directly with the DSA.
• COURSEWORK PAPERS ETC: All question papers, handouts, books, C.D. ROMs and relevant materials remain the property of the School.(If not returned on request a fee will be charged). Driving courses/lessons may involve working breaks away from the tuition vehicle,(to discuss progress look at lesson plans etc).
• THE DRIVING TEST: The school reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle if, in the Instructors opinion; the student has not reached the required standard. The student will be expected to pass at least one mock test before being allowed to use the school car for their practical test . The school cannot be held responsible for test appointments being postponed or cancelled by the DSA. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any failure of light bulbs, etc. before or during the DSA test. All bulbs/lights, etc. will be checked with the candidate at the test centre prior to the DSA test.
• PERSONAL PROPERTY: The School accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle.
• MOBILE PHONES: All students should ensure that mobile phones are switched off, prior to entering the tuition vehicle, for safety reasons. Due to recent changes in the law, our Instructor´s will not use a mobile phone whilst the vehicle is moving on a driving lesson!